Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lord, Your Word says not to hide Your eternal light that is within me. And I do want others to know the hope You've given me. I want to have the boldness to burn brightly for You in this dark world.

So I ask You to help me not hide behind my fears of what others will think. Please shine Your light on those dark places in my heart that keep Your Holy Spirit from working through me. Make me into a star for You, a star that points people to heaven. Let my life reflect You in such a way that others will see Your loving kindness, tenderness, and mercy and be drawn to You and You alone.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
     (From "Prayers to my King" by Sheri Rose Shepherd)

1 I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
    to you, O LORD, I will make music.
2 I will ponder the way that is blameless.
   Oh when will you come to me?
   I will walk with integrity of heart within my house;
3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless.
   I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.
4 A perverse heart shall be far from me;
   I will know nothing of evil.
5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy.
   Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure.
6 I will look with favor on the faithful in the land,
   that they may dwell with me;
   he who walks in the way that is blameless shall minister to me.
 Psalm 101 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
1 Samuel 28:3-20 - Acts 15:1-11 - Mark 5:1-20

No comments: