Monday, November 14, 2011

Blessed Lord, who caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning: Grant us so to hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that we may embrace and ever hold fast the blessed hope of everlasting life, which you have given us in our Savior Jesus Christ; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.


1 I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, for ever;
   with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.
2 I declare that your steadfast love is established for ever;
   your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.
3 You said, ‘I have made a covenant with my chosen one,
   I have sworn to my servant David:
4 “I will establish your descendants for ever,
   and build your throne for all generations.” ’
5 Let the heavens praise your wonders, O Lord,
   your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones.
6 For who in the skies can be compared to the Lord?
   Who among the heavenly beings is like the Lord,
Psalm 89 – New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: