Wednesday, November 9, 2011

O God, whose blessed Son came into the world that he might destroy the works of the devil and make us children of God and heirs of eternal life: Grant that, having this hope, we may purify ourselves as he is pure; that, when he comes again with power and great glory, we may be made like him in his eternal and glorious kingdom; where he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.


105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
       and a light to my path.
106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it,
       to keep your righteous rules.
107 I am severely afflicted;
       give me life, O LORD, according to your word!
108 Accept my freewill offerings of praise, O LORD,
       and teach me your rules.
109 I hold my life in my hand continually,
       but I do not forget your law.
110 The wicked have laid a snare for me,
       but I do not stray from your precepts.
Psalm 119 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: