Monday, December 12, 2011

Lars Olsen Skrefsrud -- Missionary to India

Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins, let your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

4My soul is in the midst of lions; I lie down amid fiery beasts—
   the children of man, whose teeth are spears and arrows,
   whose tongues are sharp swords.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
   Let your glory be over all the earth!
6 They set a net for my steps; my soul was bowed down.
   They dug a pit in my way, but they have fallen into it themselves.
7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast!
   I will sing and make melody!
8 Awake, my glory! Awake, O harp and lyre!
   I will awake the dawn!
9 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
   I will sing praises to you among the nations.
Psalm 57 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: