Wednesday, December 21, 2011

O MOST loving Father, it is your will that we give thanks for all things, to dread nothing but the loss of you, and to cast all our care on you, who cares for us; Preserve us from faithless fears and worldly anxieties, and grant that no clouds of this mortal life may hide from us the light of that love which is immortal, and which you have manifested to us in your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(Book of Common Prayer 1928)

1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
   my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
   my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
   and I am saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death encompassed me;
   the torrents of destruction assailed me;
5 the cords of Sheol entangled me;
   the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help.
   From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.
Psalm 18 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: