Friday, February 10, 2012

Almighty God, your beloved Son willingly offered himself to endure the agony and shame of the cross for our redemption: Banish our cowardice and give us courage, we implore you, to take up our cross and follow him; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.


1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love;
   according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
   and cleanse me from my sin!
3 For I know my transgressions,
   and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight,
   so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
   and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being,
   and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.
Psalm 51 – English Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)

No comments: