Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father, I am grateful for the invitation to cease being ruled by unrighteous thoughts that lead me astray. Help me not be fooled by the righteous garment, the disguise I often try to hide in. Help me return to you as my forgiving Lord who calls me by name to turn and live my salvation. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
3 How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-6 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 12:1-122 Corinthians 6:3-13 - Luke 17:11-19

No comments: