Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Father,
You are all I really need.
O Lord, there are so many things out there that promise success: books, speakers, and classes that promise me a successful outcome to my endeavors. Thank You for helping me to cut through the hype and take those things that help me to carry out Your vision for my life. And thank You for reminding me that all You ask is that I work hard and do my best for You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Praise the Lord!
Let all that I am praise the Lord.
2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live.
I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath.
3 Don’t put your confidence in powerful people;
there is no help for you there.
4 When they breathe their last, they return to the earth,
and all their plans die with them.
5 But joyful are those who have the God of Israel[a] as their helper,
whose hope is in the Lord their God.
Psalm 146 1-5 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 30:11-20 - 2 Corinthians 11:1-21 - Luke 19:1-10

No comments: