Thursday, June 21, 2007

Father,
I find renewal in You.
I am tired and stressed. Therefore, I come to You for new strength. Every morning Your mercies are fresh, and every night I rest in Your care. Though my day may frazzle me, when I take time to be with You I am refreshed and renewed. You calm the storms of my life, and I find peace in Your presence. Thank You, Lord, for pouring out Your grace on my life again today. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

6 Break off their fangs, O God!
Smash the jaws of these lions, O Lord!
7 May they disappear like water into thirsty ground.
Make their weapons useless in their hands.[b]
8 May they be like snails that dissolve into slime,
like a stillborn child who will never see the sun.
9 God will sweep them away, both young and old,
faster than a pot heats over burning thorns.
10 The godly will rejoice when they see injustice avenged.
They will wash their feet in the blood of the wicked.
11 Then at last everyone will say,
“There truly is a reward for those who live for God;
surely there is a God who judges justly here on earth.”
Psalm 58:6-11 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 16:18-20 17:14-202 Corinthians 8:1-16 - Luke 18:1-8

No comments: