Friday, June 22, 2007

Father,
You are my Strength.
Whenever I need it, I know that Your strength is available to me. It is always there to empower me to do the right thing, to continue to fight the good fight of faith. I come to You right now, in need. Thank You, Lord, for hearing me and filling me with supernatural power to do what I must do. Thank You for giving me all I need to accomplish Your plan for my life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 63:1-7 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 26:1-112 Corinthians 8:16-24 - Luke 18:9-14

No comments: