Thursday, September 13, 2007

Father,
You are my Source of faith.
Lord, I am trying to believe -- help my unbelief! Help me to take hold of the provision You made for me on the cross when You took on Yourself all my sicknesses and diseases. You carried them so that I could be healed and live a life of health and wholeness. I know what You have done for me, but I need to know it with my heart. Quicken my spirit, Lord, that I might receive Your gracious provision. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his [b] face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
Psalm 27 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Kings 3:16-28Acts 27:27-44 - Mark 14:12-26

No comments: