Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It is hard for me not to take matters into my own hands, Lord, especially when things are going wrong for me and I can see no sign of Your direction. I believe I know my own needs; I think I know what must be done, so I race ahead of You, only to find I have taken the wrong path and I'm in even deeper trouble than ever.
Teach me to rely on You, not on my own understanding. I trust You totally. You are the only map I need if I will just be patient and wait for Your direction. Lead me, Lord. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

12 Be not far from me, O God;
come quickly, O my God, to help me.
13 May my accusers perish in shame;
may those who want to harm me
be covered with scorn and disgrace.
14 But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Psalm 112 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
2 Samuel 18:9-18Acts 23:12-24Mark 11:27-12:12

No comments: