Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We pray to you, O God, the lover of all,for those whom we have named our enemies.Deliver us from the hardness of heartthat keeps us locked in confrontation.Deliver us from the hatred that binds us in old ways.Grant unto all people the blessing of your love.And grant unto us such transformation of our livesthat we may make peace with our enemies,and that together we might make this worlda safer place for all.Amen.
- Vienna Cobb Anderson

1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.
3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to your servant,
for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.
5 You are forgiving and good, O Lord,
abounding in love to all who call to you.
Psalm 86 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Kings 1:32-2:4Acts 26:24-27:8 - Mark 13:28-37

No comments: