Wednesday, October 1, 2008

God, left to myself I am a frail child of dust, knowing only what my eyes can see and my hands can touch. But through your word you call me to rise up out of my dust and become your own child again through faith. Amazing grace! What can I offer but my humble thanks and praise, through Christ the Living Word. Amen
(From "Daily Texts")

1 Praise the LORD.
How good it is to sing praises to our God,
how pleasant and fitting to praise him!
2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the exiles of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
6 The LORD sustains the humble
but casts the wicked to the ground.
Psalm 147 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Hosea 3:1-5Acts 21:15-26Luke 5:27-39

No comments: