Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Annunciation of Our Lord (click to go to Wikipedia article)

Pour your grace into our hearts, O Lord, that we who have known the incarnation of your Son Jesus Christ, announced by an angel, may by his cross and passion be brought to the glory of his resurrection; who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen
(From the Gregorian Sacramentary)

7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O LORD.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
may your love and your truth always protect me.
Psalm 40 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 18:1-11Romans 8:1-11 - John 6:27-40

No comments: