Friday, March 13, 2009

O Almighty God, You who alone can control the unruly wills and affections of sinful men; Grant unto Your people, that they may love the thing which You command, and desire that which You promise; that so, among the many and various changes of the world, our hearts may surely there be fixed, where true joys are to be found; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
(The Book of Common Prayer)

7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads:
8 "He trusts in the LORD;
let the LORD rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him."
9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you
even at my mother's breast.
10 From birth I was cast upon you;
from my mother's womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.
Psalm 22 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 5:1-9Romans 2:25-3:18 - John 5:30-47

No comments: