Monday, March 30, 2009

When the tears and shatterings of my life close in on me, I thank you for being nearer still. In your suffering I am given healing the world does not know and cannot destroy. Let this great gift empower me to see and share this good news with every broken heart I encounter. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

73 Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn your commands.
74 May those who fear you rejoice when they see me,
for I have put my hope in your word.
75 I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous,
and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
76 May your unfailing love be my comfort,
according to your promise to your servant.
77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live,
for your law is my delight.
80 May my heart be blameless toward your decrees,
that I may not be put to shame.
Psalm 119 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 24:1-101 Corinthians 9:19-27 - John 9:1-17

No comments: