Monday, June 22, 2009

Alban the Martyr

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy.Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy.Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.Amen.
- St. Augustine

1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.
2 Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.
3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
4 Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.
5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.
Psalm 31 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 11:13-19 2 Corinthians 5:11-6:2Luke 17:1-10

No comments: