Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father,
I find renewal in You.
I am tired and stressed. Therefore, I come to You for new strength. Every morning Your mercies are fresh, and every night I rest in Your care. Though my day may frazzle me, when I take time to be with You I am refreshed and renewed. You calm the storms of my life, and I find peace in Your presence. Thank You, Lord, for pouring out Your grace on my life again today. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Help, LORD, for the godly are no more;
the faithful have vanished from among men.
2 Everyone lies to his neighbor;
their flattering lips speak with deception.
5 "Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy,
I will now arise," says the LORD.
"I will protect them from those who malign them."
6 And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
7 O LORD, you will keep us safe
and protect us from such people forever.
8 The wicked freely strut about
when what is vile is honored among men.
Psalm 12 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 12:1-12 2 Corinthians 6:3-7:1Luke 17:11-19

No comments: