Thursday, June 25, 2009

the Presentation of the Augsburg Confession (Click on link to follow)

Father,
You are my Strength.
Whenever I need it, I know that Your strength is available to me. It is always there to empower me to do the right thing, to continue to fight the good fight of faith. I come to You right now, in need. Thank You, Lord, for hearing me and filling me with supernatural power to do what I must do. Thank You for giving me all I need to accomplish Your plan for my life. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 16:18-17:202 Corinthians 8:1-16Luke 18:1-8

No comments: