Friday, June 19, 2009

As I stand on my porch and watch the stunning sunrise, I am awestruck. And I want to ask - just how do You do it? Every sunrise, every sunset is different, yet each is incredibly splendid. Thank You for the beauty You have created. Created for my pure pleasure. It's all around me in every shape and form, in the sounds and songs of life and in the hearts of others.
Please, Father, just keep me always mindful of the wonders You've placed here for me. For the many colors of Your love, I thank You. Amen.
(Carolyn Y. Rickman)

1 I rejoiced with those who said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2 Our feet are standing
in your gates, O Jerusalem.
6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May those who love you be secure.
7 May there be peace within your walls
and security within your citadels."
8 For the sake of my brothers and friends,
I will say, "Peace be within you."
9 For the sake of the house of the LORD our God,
I will seek your prosperity.
Psalm 122 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 5:1-222 Corinthians 4:1-12Luke 16:10-18

No comments: