Monday, August 3, 2009

Father,
I am surrounded by Your love.
I am not alone in any situation. You are always present, surrounding me with Your love. Like a mighty fortress, this wall of love protects me from the arrows of the enemy. Yet I am never boxed in or coerced, for Your love sets me free. Because of Your love, I dare to be who I am and reach out to a world in need. Help me, Lord, to trust in You more and more each day. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause;
you have sat on your throne, judging righteously.
7 The LORD reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He will judge the world in righteousness;
he will govern the peoples with justice.
Psalm 9 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 18:5-30Acts 11:19-30Mark 1:29-45

No comments: