Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Father,
My help and strength come from You.
I have done all that I can, Lord. Now I come to You with a humble heart, asking You to step in and rescue me from this circumstance in my life. I lay myself and my concerns at Your feet, for You are my Hope and my Salvation. Though I am weak, You are strong. You are glorified even in the weakness of Your children, for You love to give us what we need. You are my Helper, and You renew my strength. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore.
3 The scepter of the wicked will not remain over the land allotted to the righteous,
for then the righteous might use their hands to do evil.
4 Do good, O LORD, to those who are good,
to those who are upright in heart.
5 But those who turn to crooked ways
the LORD will banish with the evildoers.
Peace be upon Israel.
Psalm 125 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading) 1 Samuel 25:23-44Acts 14:19-28Mark 4:35-41

No comments: