Friday, August 7, 2009

O GOD, heavenly Father, who by your Son Jesus Christ hast promised to all those who seek your kingdom, and the righteousness thereof, all things necessary to their bodily sustenance; Send us, we beseech you, in this our necessity, such moderate rain and showers, that we may receive the fruits of the earth to our comfort, and to your honor; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. 1928 Book of Common Prayer

1 Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!
2 Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt,
whose lives are lived in complete honesty!
3 When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away,
and I groaned all day long.
4 Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.
5 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.”
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
6 Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time,
that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment.
Psalm 32 New Living Translation

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Samuel 21:1-15Acts 13:13-25Mark 3:7-19a

No comments: