Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Father,
I praise You in all circumstances.
You are Lord over all, and I thank You for Your presence in each circumstance of my life. When I am happy, I praise You for the joy of living. When I am sad, I thank You for Your loving care. When I am worried, You ask me to set aside my fears and take time to give You the honor and glory. I speak and sing freely in Your presence in every circumstance because Your love has given me a song to sing. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 An oracle is within my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked:
There is no fear of God before his eyes.
2 For in his own eyes he flatters himself
too much to detect or hate his sin.
3 The words of his mouth are wicked and deceitful;
he has ceased to be wise and to do good.
4 Even on his bed he plots evil;
he commits himself to a sinful course and does not reject what is wrong.
5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
7 How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 36 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
2 Samuel 9:1-13Acts 19:1-10Mark 8:34-9:1

No comments: