Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Almighty God, gracious Lord, pour out your Holy Spirit upon your Faithful people. Keep them steadfast in thy Word, protect and comfort them in all temptations, defend them against all their enemies, and bestow upon the Church your saving peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the same Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever.
(Lutheran Book of Worship)

1 Vindicate me, O Lord,
for I have walked in my integrity,
and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
2 Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
test my heart and mind.
3 For your steadfast love is before my eyes,
and I walk in faithfulness to you.*
4 I do not sit with the worthless,
nor do I consort with hypocrites;
5 I hate the company of evildoers,
and will not sit with the wicked.
6 I wash my hands in innocence,
and go around your altar, O Lord,
Psalm 26 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Exodus 19:1-16 - Colossians 1:1-14 - Matthew 3:7-12

No comments: