Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Father,
You provide a way out of temptation.
I can't say, "The devil made me do it." No, You have given me the priceless gift of free will, and I will not cheapen that gift by allowing another to control me. But I do fall into temptation, and sometimes I feel so weak. Help me to make the right choice -- to follow You rather that my greedy self-will. And thank You for Your promise that You will always provide a way for me to escape temptation. All I need to do is use it. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1Praise the Lord!
How good it is to sing praises to our God;
for he is gracious, and a song of praise is fitting.
2The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the outcasts of Israel.
3He heals the broken-hearted,
and binds up their wounds.
4He determines the number of the stars;
he gives to all of them their names.
5Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;
his understanding is beyond measure.
6The Lord lifts up the downtrodden;
he casts the wicked to the ground.
Psalm 147 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Exodus 12:40-51 - 1 Corinthians 15:29-41- Matthew 28:1-16

No comments: