Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maundy Thursday

Eternal God, in the sharing of a meal your Son established a New Covenant for all people, and in the washing of feet He showed us the dignity of service. Grant that by the power of your Holy Spirit these signs of our life in faith may speak again to our hearts, feed our spirits, and refresh our bodies, Through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

1 With my voice I cry to the Lord;
with my voice I make supplication to the Lord.
2 I pour out my complaint before him;
I tell my trouble before him.
3 When my spirit is faint, you know my way.
In the path where I walk they have hidden a trap for me.
4 Look on my right hand and see—there is no one who takes notice of me;
no refuge remains to me; no one cares for me.
5 I cry to you, O Lord;
I say, ‘You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.’
6Give heed to my cry,
for I am brought very low.
Psalm 142 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Lamentations 2:10-18 - 1 Corinthians 10:14-17, 11:27-32 - Mark 14:12-25

No comments: