Thursday, April 8, 2010

O Lord,The house of my soul is narrow;enlarge it that you may enter in.It is ruinous, O repair it!It displeases Your sight.I confess it, I know.But who shall cleanse it,to whom shall I cry but to you?Cleanse me from my secret faults, O Lord,and spare Your servant from strange sins.
St. Augustine of Hippo (AD 354-430)

12Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem!
Praise your God, O Zion!
13 For he strengthens the bars of your gates;
he blesses your children within you.
14 He grants peace within your borders;
he fills you with the finest of wheat.
15 He sends out his command to the earth;
his word runs swiftly.
16 He gives snow like wool;
he scatters frost like ashes.
20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation;
they do not know his ordinances.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 147 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Exodus 13:3-10 - 1 Corinthians 15:41-50 - Matthew 28:1-16

No comments: