Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blandina and Her Companions c a.177

Grant, O Lord, that we who keep the feast of the holy martyrs Blandina and her companions may be rooted and grounded in love of you, and may endure the sufferings of this life for the glory that shall be revealed in us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

1I will bless the Lord at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
3O magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt his name together.
4I sought the Lord, and he answered me,
and delivered me from all my fears.
5Look to him, and be radiant;
so your* faces shall never be ashamed.
6This poor soul cried, and was heard by the Lord,
and was saved from every trouble.
Psalm 34 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 - Galatians 2:11-21 - Matthew 14:1-12

No comments: