Wednesday, June 23, 2010

O God, lover and restorer of innocence: Direct the hearts of your family toward you that those you have freed from the night of unbelief may never abandon the light of your truth: through Jesus Christ our Lord who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, Now and forever. Amen
(From The Gelasian Sacramentary)

73 Your hands have made and fashioned me;
give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.
74 Those who fear you shall see me and rejoice,
because I have hoped in your word.
75 I know, O Lord, that your judgments are right,
and that in faithfulness you have humbled me.
76 Let your steadfast love become my comfort
according to your promise to your servant.
77 Let your mercy come to me, that I may live;
for your law is my delight.
80 May my heart be blameless in your statutes,
so that I may not be put to shame.
Psalm 119 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ecclesiastes 9:11-18 - Galatians 5:1-15 - Matthew 16:1-12

No comments: