Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Martyrs of Uganda 1886

Father, Death cannot separate me from Your love. I know that death is the final enemy -- one which You have vanquished. Though I do not understand the pain and suffering I see in this world, I set my heart free to take hold of Your promise of eternal life. Your Son came to carry the debt of my sin and guarantee to me that even death -- the final enemy -- cannot separate me from Your love. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
2 I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness;
for you have exalted your name and your word
above everything.*
3 On the day I called, you answered me,
you increased my strength of soul.*
4 All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O Lord,
for they have heard the words of your mouth.
5 They shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
for great is the glory of the Lord.
6 For though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly;
but the haughty he perceives from far away.
Psalm 138 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ecclesiastes 3:16-4:3 - Galatians 3:1-14 - Matthew 14:13-21

No comments: