Friday, June 25, 2010

O Lord, the life of the faithful, the glory of the saints and the delight of those who trust in you: Hear our supplications, that we who thirst for the life you promise may be filled to overflowing with your countless gifts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever
(The Gelasian Sacramentary)

13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.
At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love, answer me.
With your faithful help 14rescue me from sinking in the mire;
let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters.
15 Do not let the flood sweep over me,
or the deep swallow me up,
or the Pit close its mouth over me.
16 Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good;
according to your abundant mercy, turn to me.
17 Do not hide your face from your servant,
for I am in distress—make haste to answer me.
18 Draw near to me, redeem me,
set me free because of my enemies.
Psalm 69 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ecclesiastes 11:9-12:14 - Galatians 5:25-6:10 - Matthew 16:21-28

No comments: