Monday, February 7, 2011

Dear Lord, the Great Healer, I kneel before You, since every perfect gift must come from You.
I pray, give me skill to my hands, clear vision to my mind, kindness and meekness to my heart.
Give me singleness of purpose, strength to lift up a part of the burden of my suffering fellow men, and a the realization of the privilege that is mine.
Take from my heart all guile and worldliness, that with the simple faith of child, I may rely on you.
- Mother Teresa

1O God, do not keep silence;
do not hold your peace or be still, O God!
2For behold, your enemies make an uproar;
those who hate you have raised their heads.
3They lay crafty plans against your people;
they consult together against your treasured ones.
4They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation;
let the name of Israel be remembered no more!"
5For they conspire with one accord;
against you they make a covenant
Psalm 83 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Isaiah 57:14-21 - Galatians 6:11-18 - Mark 9:30-41

No comments: