Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lord Jesus, I want to have a growing, vital relationship with You. Please don't let me fall into the complacency that leads to stagnancy in my relationship with You. Help me to know that I will only deepen my relationships with You and with others when I invest my time and energy. Thank You for allowing me to come into Your presence and meditate on You today. Amen.
(From the "Light for My Path" series)

1 Save me, O God, by your name;
vindicate me by your might.
2 Hear my prayer, O God;
listen to the words of my mouth.
3 Arrogant foes are attacking me;
ruthless people are trying to kill me— people without regard for God.
4 Surely God is my help;
the Lord is the one who sustains me.
5 Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
in your faithfulness destroy them.
6 I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
I will praise your name, LORD, for it is good.
7 You have delivered me from all my troubles,
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.
Psalm 54 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ruth 1:15-22 - 2 Corinthians 1:12-22 - Mark 10:17-31

No comments: