Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Polycarp, Bishop of Smyrna And Martyr (156)

O God, the maker of heaven and earth, who gave to your venerable servant, the holy and gentle Polycarp, boldness to confess Jesus Christ as King and Savior, and steadfastness to die for his faith: Give us grace, following his example, to share the cup of Christ and rise to eternal life; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.
Amen.
(Lesser Feasts and Fasts)

12What shall I render to the LORD
for all his benefits to me?
13I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the LORD,
14I will pay my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.
16O LORD, I am your servant;
I am your servant, the son of your maidservant.
You have loosed my bonds.
17I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving
and call on the name of the LORD.
Psalm 116 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Ruth 2:1-13 - 2 Corinthians 1:23-2:17 - Matthew 5:21-26

No comments: