Friday, July 23, 2010

Birgitta of Sweden, Renewer of the Church

O God, who by your Holy Spirit give to some the word of wisdom, to others the word of knowledge, and to others the word of faith: We praise your Name for the gifts of grace manifested in your servant Birgitta, and we pray that your Church may never be destitute of such gifts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, forever and ever. Amen.

1 I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
2 I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3 When my enemies turned back,
they stumbled and perished before you.
4 For you have maintained my just cause;
you have sat on the throne giving righteous judgment.
7 But the Lord sits enthroned for ever,
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He judges the world with righteousness;
he judges the peoples with equity.
Psalm 9 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Deuteronomy 31:7-13, 31:24-32:4 - Romans 10:1-13 - Matthew 24:15-31

No comments: