Monday, July 26, 2010

Parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Almighty God, heavenly Father, we remember in thanksgiving this day the parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary; and we pray that we all may be made one in the heavenly family of your Son Jesus Christ our Lord; who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever.

11 The Lord swore to David a sure oath from which he will not turn back:
One of the sons of your body I will set on your throne.
12 If your sons keep my covenant and my decrees that I shall teach them,
their sons also, for evermore, shall sit on your throne.’
13 For the Lord has chosen Zion;
he has desired it for his habitation:
14 ‘This is my resting-place for ever;
here I will reside, for I have desired it.
15 I will abundantly bless its provisions;
I will satisfy its poor with bread.
16 Its priests I will clothe with salvation,
and its faithful will shout for joy.
Psalm 132 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Joshua 2:1-14 - Romans 11:1-12 - Matthew 25:1-13

No comments: