Thursday, July 15, 2010

Olga, Princess of Kiev, 969; Vladimir, 1st Christian Ruler of Russia 1015

I thank Thee, Lord, for sleep and rest, for all the things that I love best, now guide me through another day and bless my work and bless my play. Lord, make me strong for noble ends, protect and bless my loving friends; Of all humankind good Christians make. All this I ask for Jesus' sake. Amen.

3 When my enemies turned back,
they stumbled and perished before you.
4 For you have maintained my just cause;
you have sat on the throne giving righteous judgment.
5 You have rebuked the nations, you have destroyed the wicked;
you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
6 The enemies have vanished in everlasting ruins;
their cities you have rooted out;
the very memory of them has perished.
7 But the Lord sits enthroned for ever,
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He judges the world with righteousness;
he judges the peoples with equity.
Psalm 9 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Numbers 23:11-26 - Romans 8:1-11 - Matthew 22:1-14

No comments: