Friday, July 16, 2010

Jesus, help my eyes to see all the good you send to me.Jesus, help my ears to hear calls for help from far and near.Jesus, help my feet to go in the way that you will show.Jesus, help my hands to do, all things loving, kind, and true.Jesus, may I helpful be, growing every day like Thee. Amen

1 Deliver me, O Lord, from evildoers;
protect me from those who are violent,
2 who plan evil things in their minds
and stir up wars continually.
3 They make their tongue sharp as a snake’s,
and under their lips is the venom of vipers.
4 Guard me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked;
protect me from the violent who have planned my downfall.
6 I say to the Lord, ‘You are my God;
give ear, O Lord, to the voice of my supplications.’
7 O Lord, my Lord, my strong deliverer,
you have covered my head in the day of battle.
Psalm 140 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Numbers 24:1-13 - Romans 8:12-17 - Matthew 22:15-22

No comments: