Friday, July 9, 2010

Show us your mercy, O Lord; and grant us your salvation. Clothe your ministers with righteousness; let your people sing with joy. Give peace, O Lord, in all the world; for only in you can we live in safety. Lord, keep this nation under your care; And guide us in the way of justice and truth. Let your way be known upon earth; Your saving health among all nations. Let not the needy, O Lord, be forgotten; nor the hope of the poor be taken away. Create in us clean hearts, O God; and sustain us by your Holy Spirit.
Book of Common Prayer 1979

1 Hear my prayer, O Lord;
let my cry come to you.
2 Do not hide your face from me on the day of my distress.
Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily on the day when I call.
3 For my days pass away like smoke,
and my bones burn like a furnace.
4 My heart is stricken and withered like grass;
I am too wasted to eat my bread.
12 But you, O Lord, are enthroned for ever;
your name endures to all generations.
13 You will rise up and have compassion on Zion,
for it is time to favour it;
the appointed time has come.
Psalm 102 New Revised Standard Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading)
Numbers 20:1-13 - Romans 5:12-21 - Matthew 20:29-34

No comments: