Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The best thing about working is knowing I'm not working alone. I may plant the seeds, but You water them. I may do the weeding, but You send the sunshine. All I am and all I do is done with You, the One who created me and gifted me with whatever skills I have. You give me work -- whatever type of work it may be -- dignity and purpose. Your faith in me enables me to continue my duties on days when I would otherwise despair. At the end of the day my feet may be burning, but I know I am walking in Your footsteps, and that gives me peace. I thank You for the work I have. May I do it in a way that is pleasing to You and reflects Your glory. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

1 Praise awaits you, O God, in Zion;
to you our vows will be fulfilled.
2 O you who hear prayer,
to you all men will come.
3 When we were overwhelmed by sins,
you forgave our transgressions.
4 Blessed are those you choose
and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
of your holy temple.
5 You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness,
O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth
and of the farthest seas,
Psalm 65 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Genesis 16:1-14Hebrews 9:15-28John 5:19-29

No comments: