Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Father,
It gives me great comfort and a wonderful sense of security to realize that your angels are encamping around me, and to know that they are always ready to deliver me. In the same way that you sent the angel to shut the lion's mouth in order to protect Daniel, I ask you to let your angels watch over and protect me. Amen.
(From "Bible Prayers for All Your Needs")

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD:
"O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simple-hearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Psalm 116 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
1 Kings 19:1-8Ephesians 4:1-16John 6:1-14

No comments: