Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The unknown is terrifying, responsibility is overwhelming, the untapped anger cannot be borne Hear our cry, O God of love, for all so trapped in fear. Open our hearts to trust your presence to guide us in the unknown places; teach us to know you will support us in all that we undertake; free us to share with you the rage within, knowing
you will never desert us.
Amen.
- Vienna Cobb Anderson

1 My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing and make music with all my soul.
2 Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.
3 I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.
4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens,
and let your glory be over all the earth.
6 Save us and help us with your right hand,
that those you love may be delivered
Psalm 34 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Exodus 17:1-7Colossians 1:15-23John 7:37-52

No comments: