Thursday, January 10, 2008

When troubles come, I never have to face them alone. Thank You, Lord, for always being with me as my refuge and strength. Friends can fail, families can split apart, my whole world can be shaken to its foundation, leaving me dazed and disoriented, but You never change. Your truths are forever. You do not shrug off my concerns and move on - You are "a very present help in trouble," standing firmly at my side whatever happens, guiding my actions, and giving me the strength to carry on. When all else fails, when friends and family desert me, I put my trust in You and am never disappointed. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path - Prayers & Promises")

1 Sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
3 Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples.
4 For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
he is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
Psalm 96 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Jeremiah 23:1-8Colossians 2:8-23John 10:7-17

No comments: