Monday, January 7, 2008

Lord God, you are Creator of heaven and earth and God of all people. Open my eyes to the vast expanse of your kingdom that fills the infinite galaxies from the beginning to beyond the end of time. Help me to know your greatness and the splendor of your love, manifested in the appearance of Jesus my Lord. Amen.
(From "Daily Texts")

10 I believed; therefore I said,
"I am greatly afflicted."
11 And in my dismay I said,
"All men are liars."
12 How can I repay the LORD
for all his goodness to me?
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the LORD.
14 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
in the presence of all his people
Psalm 34 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Deuteronomy 8:1-3Colossians 1:1-14John 6:30-33, 48-51

No comments: