Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Epiphany of our Lord

O God, by the leading of a star you manifested your only Son to the peoples of the earth> Lead us, who know you by faith, to your presence, where we may see your glory face to face; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever, Amen
(From, the Gregorian Sacramentary)

6 "I have installed my King
on Zion, my holy hill."
7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD :
He said to me, "You are my Son ;
today I have become your Father.
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance,
the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will rule them with an iron scepter;
you will dash them to pieces like pottery."
10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear
and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 52:7-10Revelation 21:22-27 - Matthew 2:1-12

No comments: