Friday, January 2, 2009

O God, You willed that the humanity of your Son, who was born of the holy virgin, should not be subject to the sentence of death incurred by our race: Grant that, fashioned into a new creation in Christ, we may be set free from the old ways of sin; through Jesus Christ our Lord who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, Now and forever. Amen
(The Leonine Sacramentary)

1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.
3 The cords of death entangled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :
"O LORD, save me!"
5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
6 The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Psalm 98 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Genesis 12:1-7Hebrews 11:1-12John 6:35-42, 48-51

No comments: