Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lord, Your Word is a light that guides me to righteousness. It contains wonderful poetry and soul-stirring songs. I read in it exciting stories of heroes of the faith. I marvel at its miraculous events, almost beyond human comprehension. Each day of reading the Bible is a new adventure and a wonderful journey.
I pray, Father, that I will always have a sense of wonder when I read Your Word, that it will always be fresh and illuminate my life. I pray that I will read Your Word, contemplate Your message, and keep it in my mind throughout each day. Amen.
(From "Light for My Path -- Prayers & Promises")

9 Within your temple, O God,
we meditate on your unfailing love.
10 Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth;
your right hand is filled with righteousness.
11 Mount Zion rejoices,
the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments.
12 Walk about Zion, go around her,
count her towers,
13 consider well her ramparts, view her citadels,
that you may tell of them to the next generation.
14 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Isaiah 52:3-6Revelation 2:1-7John 2:1-11

No comments: