Monday, January 5, 2009

Father,
You love me.
You are a God of abundant love, a gentle Father who loves to answer His children's requests. You surround me with mercy and loving kindness. I am safe in Your love. On days when I am feeling unloved and unlovely, remind me that I have all the love I will ever need because I am loved by You. Amen.
(From "Everyday Prayers for Everyday Cares")

1 Endow the king with your justice, O God,
the royal son with your righteousness.
2 He will judge your people in righteousness,
your afflicted ones with justice.
3 The mountains will bring prosperity to the people,
the hills the fruit of righteousness.
4 He will defend the afflicted among the people
and save the children of the needy;
he will crush the oppressor.
Psalm 72 New International Version

Readings for today from the Daily Lectionary
(click on underlined link to go directly to the reading):
Joshua 1:1-9Hebrews 11:32-12:2John 15:1-16

No comments: